As you put things in place for the new year planning round, remember:
- Your stuff isn't their stuff: we all have our own passions. And our irrational dislikes. Listen to understand.
- No electron ever had a heart. Don't mail. Don't text. Don't tweet. Talk.
- PPT induces trance. Don't lecture, converse.
- Add one, drop one. Another initiative won't fix it if the old one is still running. Clear up and start afresh.
- Marketing communication (e.g twitter ) is not marketing strategy (e.g marketing segmentation). Be one of the few on the planet to understand the distinction.
- Brain always beats brawn in business in the long game. Stop and think. And then leap on the competitor from a great height.
- Identify the vital few. Fix the trivial many. Get rid of those fu*king distractions.