It may be a while since you have seen The Great Escape. Perhaps you have never seen it.
There are some useful learnings:
- You have a duty to escape (from the cubicle).
- Three plans (Tom, Dick and Harry) are better than one.
- Planning an escape is not just for the end goal. It is a motivator in itself.
- Stay fit.
- You will occasionally suffer from panic attacks. Get back to the surface and fresh air and a clear horizon.
- Be patient. The quick fix plan invariably leads right back to a similar job in a similar culture. Or the cooler.
- The right theme tune for your endeavour is essential.