They stood in the empty warehouse: the sort of building that stars in an episode of 24 and into which black SUVs squeal at speed. But this was no fiction: this was their own thriller, their own drama. And this was no pilot. Gathered, they shared commitments about the business they would start today and build to success; desks, branded moleskins and espresso machines could come later. Trust, loyalty and integrity needed to be formed. Today they would establish personal contracts and start to build a high performance team. And then tomorrow running a business would be easier. Much.
Hard work will get you what you want. But perhaps not as quickly as you want it.
Nobody is like you. That's the fun.
Pencil & paper can solve it. Mind and body in perfect harmony.
You need some significant time on your own to realise who you are. Then you can fully release your staggering, mind-blowing, knock-their-socks-off potential.
Frustration is simply a reminder a fresh plan is needed. See 3.
Chemistry is not just the Periodic Table. It is about order in a universe too amazing to comprehend, the need for a sprinkling of salt on a freshly made chips and that look across a crowded room Yes, that look.
Time is malleable. Get it to run at the rate you want by being in the moment wherever you are.
(51) To a tougher self-managed workout: set goals. Set a goal of a time and/or a weight and/or a number of reps and/or a number of circuits. You may not achieve it but you will achieve more than if you just 'see how many you can do'.
(52) To accessing the drugs you really need: here.
(53) To great food really quickly at the end of the business day: think two words: grill and steam. Both methods are fast but keep food simple and healthy. Sketch on the back of an envelope a quick food plan for the week looking for variety, simplicity and value. Shop quickly every day at the place which provides the most local and most well maintained food.
(54) To shorter, more productive business meetings: start and finish on time, whatever. Keep asking what are the vital few issues? The trivial many are a tempting, seductive and addictive topic of conversation but don't cause the breakthroughs. Agree actions before leaving the room.
(55) To a caffeine free healthy drink that actually tastes good: avoid the muti-coloured ones which look good but taste foul. Try two time-honoured refreshing hot drinks: mint, especially if hot water is poured on the fresh leaves. And hot water on freshly grated ginger. Alternate with usual coffee/teas/soda and notice how the palate eventually begins to prefer the simpler beverage.
1-5 are here: To a fresh business idea/To your first novel/To a more motivated team/To healthier eating/To build your personal brand.
6-10 are here: To a better negotiation/To a better mood, quickly/To getting the job where you miss a key criterion/To a better curry/To manage jet lag.
11-15 are here: To being a better presenter*/To develop your child's imagination/To be more intelligent/To make a better decision/To improve your finances.
16-25 are here: To ensuring people get back to you promptly/ To better coffee/ To becoming more professional/ To sleeping better/ To becoming wealthy / To getting on top of e-mail/ To worrying less/ To sorting a gym injury/ To getting the right things done/ To helping the planet, easily.
26-30 are here: To a business start-up opportunity/To a more impactful CV/To escaping the cubicle/To promotion/To a better play-list
31-40 are here: To learn more quickly/To understanding The Rules of Life/To repair a relationship/To greater happiness/To better selling/To a better conference/To more confidence/To getting up earlier/To understanding the meaning of life/To giving up sugar in tea and, or coffee.
41-45 are here: To becoming more lucky/To a better cocktail/To writing & publishing your business book/To more business in the pipeline soon/To better world knowledge.
46-50 are here: To keeping fit at work/To spending less at the supermarket/To being more bold/To achieving your own evening when you have young children/To becoming wise on management & leadership