- Batch process: process your e-mail occasionally not continuously. In between get some work done.
- E to 0: upon processing, leave your in-box empty. The psychological hit is tremendous.
- D/F/A: upon processing delete, file (in a category) or action it on your Master List.
- Master List not In-Box. Manage from your Master List (what you want and have to do, work and home) not your in-box.
- Never Copy to World: you are ruining the lives of others un-necessarily.
- Collect content: in a word document or similar and send one organised mail rather than multiple fragmented.
- Summarise content: in the subject line.
More detail here.