Whenever your FY ends, it’s getting tougher. Here are 101 things to do to ensure you close to target by year-end.
1. Ban negative talk. Don’t blame circumstances: work with what you have.
2. Meet every day as a team 0830-0845. What are the challenges? Sort them or forget them.
3. Mon, Tues, Thurs. Spend 0845-0900 with your team individually in rotation. Coach them. Knowledge. Skills. Attitude.
4. Knowledge. Do they know their USPs?
5. Skills. Can they close?
6. Attitude. Is their heart in this? If not: encourage a new career soon.
7. Friday 0845-0915 as a team. Celebrate successes.
8. Analyse every win. What got us the win?
9. Analyse every loss. What caused the loss?
10. Review time management principles.
11. Is everyone working to a call list?
12. Do all meetings have an objective?
13. Teach everyone to be assertive.
14. Ring every lost sale over the last 2 years and ask for new business.
15. Ring every won sale over the last three years and ask for more business.
16. Ask every customer: who else you should I be talking to?
17. Keep on top of every bit of current business. Be sure there is reason they want to buy.
18. Be brilliant.
19. Question well.
20. Be polite.
21. Be persistent
22. Remember their names.
23. Be on time.
24. Park in the right place.
25. Eat breakfast at home: don’t lose selling time at work.
26. When you get home: switch off. Relax.
27. Every 45 minutes: get up stretch and drink some water. Then get back on the phone. It wasn’t meant to be easy. At the interview you said you wanted a challenge. This is it.
28. Write clearly on the white-board what every extra % of discount does to the bottom line.
29. Never use the phrase: we need business. Say we need profitable business
30. Catch people doing things right.
31. Just when you want to go home: make one more call.
32. Read a sales book on the tube into work.
33. Listen to a selling podcast on the way to the meeting.
34. What is holding you back in selling? Identify it and sort it.
35. Every Wednesday 0900-0915: know the competition. Teach the competion SWOT.
36. Stand up for tough calls. So stand up all the time.
37. Remember your negotiation course?
38. Never give unless you get.
39. Give small.
40. Give slowly.
41. Remember your presentation skills course?
42. We present to get the business: no other reason.
46. And if they say no or maybe or later.
47. Handle it.
48. And handle it again.
49. If you can’t eventually close that business you shouldn’t have been doing that closing meeting.
50. QUALIFY: do they have MONEY? Are you talking to a DM?
52. Walk tall.
53. Look smart.
54. Look as if you are keen to do businees.
55. Have pad and pen.
56. Don’t let the lap-top come between you and being human.
57. Ask for the business
58. Ask for the business again.
59. Never use template slides.
60. Show that your slides have been lovingly created for them.
61. Show that your company is special and that your product is special and that you are amazing.
62. Never be late.
64. Keep closing.
65. Don’t tell: ask.
66. Ask open.
67. Ask closed.
68. Look for ways of creating urgency especially for action prior to year-end.
69. Before you plan to leave work write a priorities list for tomorrow.
70. A downturn really is an opportunity to show what you are made of.
71. Stop blaming the economy. Sell harder.
72. Be a rainmaker.
73. Get out at lunch-time and take a good walk.
74. Get back in and ring that elusive decision-maker again.
75. And again.
76. And again.
77. Brilliant: you got her.
78. Handle the objection.
79. And the next one.
80. And the next one.
81. Close. Brilliant you got it.
82. Get yourself a small latte. No-you don’t need a croissant; it’ll slow you down.
83. And get back on the phone.
84. 45 minutes left: 9 great calls.
85. Your close rate is getting better all the time.
86. Practise make perfect.
87. Success breeds success.
88. Love the job.
89. Plan the work.
90. Work the plan.
91. Be passionate about your business.
92. Be passionate about their business.
93. Farm current business.
94. Hunt new business.
95. Ask question to reveal what they need and your strengths.
96. If you are weak, influence to change their priorities.
97. Present to show your unique solution.
98. Talk value.
99. Talk solution.
100. Talk results.
101. And there is one word we never used. Did you notice that? Now: get back on the phone.