1. Meetings. Reduce them by at least 50%. And those you do have, insist on a purpose, a time-line and agreed actions.
2. Skipping lunch. It’ll save you 40 minutes now, but lose you hours in lowered energy mid-afternoon. And spoil your evening because of loss of ‘spark’.
3. Aiming for instant e-mail zero. No e-mail is so critical. Batch process. Check your e-mail at regular but well-spaced intervals. In between: do some work!
4. Command and control leadership. It’s a sure fire way to lose the best from people.
5. Chain-drinking coffee. Choose coffee for pleasure, never for energy. It doesn't provide the latter.
6. Working at home evenings and week-ends, 'to get on top of stuff'. You never will. Prioritise and zone.
7. Believing that productivity is GTD. No its is G T Right Things D.